[Snort-sigs] Kuluoz-ishness

Nick Randolph drandolph at ...435...
Thu Jul 11 13:51:31 EDT 2013

Thanks for the info James. I grabbed the sample listed in the pastebin link
and ran them here. They were picked up with sid:25675 which is already in
the community ruleset. I made some updates based on the samples and it
should be a much faster rule now. Here is what it looks like now

alert tcp $HOME_NET any -> $EXTERNAL_NET 1024:65535 (msg:"MALWARE-CNC
Win.Trojan.Fakeavlock variant outbound connection";
flow:to_server,established; dsize:267<>276; content:"User-Agent|3A|
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows|3B| U|3B| MSIE 9.0|3B| Windows NT 9.0|3B| en-US)|0D
0A|"; fast_pattern:only; http_header; urilen:159;
pcre:"/\x2f[A-F0-9]{158}/U"; metadata:impact_flag red, policy balanced-ips
drop, policy security-ips drop, ruleset community, service http;
reference:url,
www.virustotal.com/file/c49f7dbc036ad0a86df02cbbde00cb3b3fbd651d82f6c9c5a98170644374f64f/analysis/;
classtype:trojan-activity; sid:25675; rev:7;)

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 4:10 PM, waldo kitty <wkitty42 at ...3507...>wrote:

> On 7/10/2013 13:44, James Lay wrote:
> > Good info on that pastebin link.
>
> how long will that info be available there? i recall checking into
> pastebin or a
> similar site and they only held the data for a limited amount of time
> before it
> was purged to make room for more... perhaps it would be a good thing to
> grab
> that info and post it somewhere where it can remain without fear of being
> dumped?
>
> --
>        private contact is specifically requested and granted.

Nick Randolph
Research Engineer
Sourcefire, Inc.
nrandolph at ...435...