[Snort-sigs] Downloading Snort Rules - Registered User : Weird Behavior

Joel Esler jesler at ...435...
Thu Feb 14 10:39:31 EST 2013

No.  We purposely allowed all registered users to have the same ruleset as subscriber on that day, (and for the next 30 days they will receive the same ruleset), basically registered got a free update.  This was because of the Shared Object rule that was updated to mitigate a potential vulnerability.  We wanted to allow everyone to have the same protection.

http://blog.snort.org/2013/01/sourcefire-vrt-certified-snort-rules_22.html

--
Joel Esler
Senior Research Engineer, VRT