[Snort-sigs] Downloading Snort Rules - Registered User : Weird Behavior

Dheeraj Gupta dheeraj.gupta4 at ...2420...
Thu Feb 14 04:08:06 EST 2013

I am a registered user of snort.org and download the registered ruleset
through the command-line (As mentioned on your website).
The script I wrote also keeps a log of what was the release date of the
ruleset (As seen from the HTTP header).

Till about Jan 24,2013 the script showed latest ruleset to be of Dec
20,2012 (30 days approx.) but after that from Jan 29,2013 onwards I saw the
latest available ruleset to be Jan 24, 2013 (5 days only!!) . Even today, I
can access the rule-set released on Jan 24,2013 through the command line
but the web-site shows the latest Registered user ruleset to be of Dec
18,2012.
Is something broken somewhere?

P.S. - Didn't know where to put this, so sent it to snort-sigs instead of
snort-users