[Snort-sigs] Javascript in UA

Joel Esler jesler at ...435...
Mon Apr 22 16:18:40 EDT 2013

James,

Nick took this and cleaned up and I put it in the system with the SID 26483.

alert tcp $EXTERNAL_NET any -> $HOME_NET $HTTP_PORTS (msg:"SERVER-WEBAPP JavaScript tag in User-Agent field possible XSS attempt"; flow:to_server,established; content:"User-Agent|3A| <SCRIPT>"; fast_pattern:only; http_header; metadata:policy balanced-ips drop, policy security-ips drop, ruleset community, service http; reference:url,blog.spiderlabs.com/2012/11/honeypot-alert-referer-field-xss-attacks.html; classtype:web-application-attack; sid:26483; rev:1;)

--
Joel Esler
Senior Research Engineer, VRT