[Snort-sigs] I'm getting close, I smell more bacon

PR oly562 at ...2420...
Fri Sep 14 03:34:01 EDT 2012

ok, i commented out ET rules. bah, i will deal with that later.

1. i ran

./pulledpork.pl -s /etc/snort/so_rules -p /usr/local/bin/snort
-C /etc/snort.conf -i /etc/snort/disablesid.conf
-b /etc/snort/dropsid.conf -e /etc/snort/enablesid.conf
-M /etc/snort/modifysid.conf -e /etc/snort/enablesid.conf
-c /etc/snort/pulledpork.conf -o /etc/snort/rules/

2. I got:

Use of uninitialized value $arch in regexp compilation
at ./pulledpork.pl line 271.
	Done!
Reading rules...
Generating Stub Rules....
Something failed in the gen_stubs sub, please verify your shared object
config!
	Done
Reading rules...
Reading rules...
Processing /etc/snort/enablesid.conf....
	Modified 0 rules
	Done
Processing /etc/snort/dropsid.conf....
	Modified 0 rules
	Done
Processing /etc/snort/disablesid.conf....
	Modified 0 rules
	Done
Modifying Sids....
	Done!
Setting Flowbit State....
	Enabled 11 flowbits
	Enabled 1 flowbits
	Done
Writing /etc/snort/rules....
Unable to write /etc/snort/rules - Is a directory
 at ./pulledpork.pl line 1083.
	main::rule_write('HASH(0x8f682ac)', '/etc/snort/rules', 1, undef)
called at ./pulledpork.pl line 1870

3. also, do i need to define all that stuff in cmdline, couldn't i just
uncomment the /etc/snort/disablesid.confs in pulledpork.conf? just
wondering.

Thanks!!! any input is really appreciated. i'm learning more and more
every day. Pretty soon i will be asking about rule creation lol