[Snort-sigs] Snort, DAQ, and the -r option for reading files with network data

Miso Patel miso.patel at ...2420...
Thu Oct 25 10:14:21 EDT 2012

In the morning meeting, my engineers got in an argument about using the
"-r" option in Snort to read network traffic files.  When one does this,
does it go through the DAQ library or does the DAQ not matter in this case?

Probably this is a stupid or simple question but if I can get the answer by
lunch time, half of the engineers will eat free since the other half will
pay if they loose :)  (I always eat free, lol).

Thanks.

-Miso, CISO