[Snort-sigs] Snort.org Blog: Sourcefire VRT Certified Snort Rules Update for 10/16/2012

Joel Esler jesler at ...435...
Tue Oct 16 18:14:39 EDT 2012

http://blog.snort.org/2012/10/sourcefire-vrt-certified-snort-rules_16.html

Sourcefire VRT Certified Snort Rules Update for 10/16/2012

Just released: Sourcefire VRT Certified Snort Rules Update for 10/16/2012

We welcome the introduction of the newest rule release for today from the VRT. In this release we introduced 29 new rules and made modifications to 620 additional rules.

The following changes were made to the snort.conf in this release:
The following line was updated from:
config event_queue: max_queue 8 log 3 order_events content_length
config event_queue: max_queue 8 log 5 order_events content_length

The following ports were added to http_inspect, the HTTP_PORTS variable, and stream5:
383
8300
50002

The example snort.confs that the VRT recommends that you use can be found here:
http://www.snort.org/vrt/snort-conf-configurations/

In VRT's rule release:
Synopsis: This release adds and modifies rules in several categories.
Details: The Sourcefire VRT has added and modified multiple rules in the app-detect, browser-firefox, ddos, exploit, exploit-kit, indicator-compromise, malware-backdoor, malware-cnc, malware-other, misc, netbios and web-iis rule sets to provide coverage for emerging threats from these technologies.