[Snort-sigs] CVE-2012-5076 and CVE-2012-1723 Rules

Miso Patel miso.patel at ...2420...
Mon Nov 26 13:11:05 EST 2012

YM,

My engineers indicate that the "ET" rules are best for protecting against
the latest threats (because there are many improvements daily).  And they
say that the VT ruleset is good but they are as if the anti-virus
solutions. Very late and sometimes never ("quotes").

I like to akin to defense in depth so I use the ET for super protection and
then the use of the VRT to make happy the auditors :)

Thanks.

-Miso, CISO