[Snort-sigs] BAD-TRAFFIC dns cache poisoning attempt sid:13667

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...3507...
Fri Nov 9 09:31:09 EST 2012

On 11/8/2012 23:31, yew chuan Ong wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I found this rule under so_rules.

yeah, i wish they'd use other category filenames for GID 3 rules instead of
using the same ones GID 1 uses... perhaps they should prefix those category
filenames and MSG texts with SO_ to make it more obvious? there are times that
GID:3 just gets lost in sight...

> I also found a thread discussing GID:3... http://seclists.org/snort/2010/q1/190
> Since we have no idea how the sig works (in term of detection method), how can
> we analyze it?

simply put, you cannot... you need the source code and that is not available to
the general public, AFAIK...