[Snort-sigs] filter http traffic

Ryan Moon ryan.c.moon at ...2420...
Thu May 24 09:42:34 EDT 2012

I think it is hyperbolic to call this "the end of NIDS". In the past,
employers I have worked for have considered implementing SSL
terminators in order to decrypt this traffic at the edge for recording
and network forensics. This has it's own set of hurdles, but overall
provides the visibility needed to do NIDS work. Our field is
constantly evolving, full traffic 100% SSL is the future, embrace it.

- Ryan