[Snort-sigs] IMAP Qualcomm WorldMail IMAP Literal Token Parsing Buffer Overflow

Yew Chuan Ong yewchuan88 at ...2420...
Sun Mar 25 15:35:03 EDT 2012

Hye guys,

I experienced lots of FPs with this sig - IMAP Qualcomm WorldMail IMAP
Literal Token Parsing Buffer Overflow.

alert tcp $EXTERNAL_NET any -> $HOME_NET 143 (msg:"IMAP Qualcomm WorldMail
IMAP
Literal Token Parsing Buffer Overflow"; flow:established,to_server;
dsize:>668;
metadata:policy balanced-ips drop, policy security-ips drop, service imap;
refer
ence:bugtraq,15980; reference:cve,2005-4267; classtype:attempted-admin;
sid:1732
8; rev:1;)

When I checked on the payloads, these are just normal email contents (not
suspicious). I am wondering why the packet size is more than 668 bytes if
it is not a real buffer overflow attempt. Any ideas? Thanks.

Regards
Yew Chuan