[Snort-sigs] Querstion about Chinese IP addresses

Giles Coochey giles at ...1554...
Mon Mar 12 10:28:32 EDT 2012

On 12/03/2012 14:17, Miso Patel wrote:
> Does anyone have a good list of IP addresses allocated to China?  I
> don't do any business there and I get so much Unsolicited/Malicious
> traffic from them that I am tired of it and want to block the whole
> country.  Recently the sweet-and-sour SYN has gotten more sour....  I
> suppose I could block APNIC but I would like to leave India open.
>
> Sorry to spam the snort-sigs list, I just thought someone here may
> know.  AFIK, Snorts/VRT doesn't maintain IP block rules like Emerging
> Threats (and I suppose if VRT did it would be 30 days delayed unless
> you paid so that isn't very useful for the community but some of the
> timely stuff on the Emerging Thetan list has come in handy but I
> digress....)
>
> To summ up, I am tired of China making passes at my systems, touching
> them inappropriately, and would like to implement a reverse Great
> Firewall of China.  Please let me know off-list if you have a good set
> of known bad Chinese IPs.

I will warn you, having worked at a BGP AS level - thinking that IP
addresses are geographically distributed in this way is a mistake,
however, seeing as you asked, look at http://software77.net/geo-ip

Look on the right, there is an option to get IP allocations by country
in CIDR format.

I cannot vouch for accuracy of the information at any time. Enjoy your
3,479 extra firewall rules :-)

--
Best Regards,

Giles Coochey
NetSecSpec Ltd
UK Mobile: +44 7983 877 438
Business Email: giles.coochey at ...3668...
Email/MSN/Live Messenger: giles at ...1554...
Skype: gilescoochey