[Snort-sigs] Only an empty Alert file :(

Joel Esler jesler at ...435...
Mon Mar 12 08:35:26 EDT 2012

I suggest you capture the packet to disk.  Then you can use Snort to read the pcap with -r.

You need to review the pcap to see if the word "password" really does exist in plaintext in the stream.

I am betting it doesn't.