[Snort-sigs] Easy way to see what options Snort was configured with?

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...3507...
Wed Dec 12 08:58:42 EST 2012

On 12/11/2012 17:03, Mike Cox wrote:
> No.  Since Snort is so configurable when it comes to build/compile
> options,I was hoping that there was something built into the binary
> where one would be able to list its capabilities.  A lot of snort
> binaries are shipped/included with multiple products, and often they
> are embedded parts of a larger system so it isn't straightforward to
> see how they were built or even to use tools such as pkg-config.

agreed... especially since pkg-config and similar package management tools do
not exist on numerous platforms... most definitely those designed specifically
with security in mind ;)