[Snort-sigs] Is there a signature for the Taidoor malware?

Tony Robinson deusexmachina667 at ...2420...
Mon Dec 10 00:17:55 EST 2012

http://www.snort.org/search/sid/20204

cheers.

it appears to be a GID 1 rule meaning that the rule is plaintext so you can
see what it is the rule keys on for alerting.

Additionally the metadata should contain URLS for you to reference to.

-DA

On Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 11:36 PM, Eric Dorman <edorman11 at ...2420...> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am new to doing signatures and I was wondering if there was a
> signature for the Taidoor malware already in Snort?
>
> I am especially interested in the C&C communication techniques with
> malware and so I just wanted to ask the above question.
>
> Thanks,
> Eric

when does reality end? when does fantasy begin?