[Snort-sigs] Disabled rule still alerting - UPDATE - FIXED !

Tony Reusser treusser at ...3727...
Wed Aug 29 15:32:11 EDT 2012

UPDATE---

I think I fixed it.

I created a symbolic link to my OLD so_rules directory before I installed
pulledpork.  I deleted the link and created a new one to the
pulledpork-created stub file directory, but I used the same name for the
link.  Apparently some weird stuff can happen when you start messing around
with file links.  I re-created the link using a different name and that
seems to have fixed the problem.  It seems I did indeed have a duplicate set
of rules that wasn't intended.

Thanks for the input.  It helped me look in the right direction.

*still a linux n00b*