[Snort-sigs] Context: Malware Blog Post on Dark Comet RAT with Snort Signatures

Context IS - Disclosure disclosure at ...3619...
Thu Nov 3 14:00:43 EDT 2011

Thanks guys for your feedback we have updated the signatures on the blog to include the content option, as you suggested.
Apologises for the apparent advertising.
Cheers,
Mike

From: Bad Horse [b4dh0rs3 at ...2420...]
Sent: 03 November 2011 17:27
To: Martin Holste
Cc: Context IS - Disclosure; snort-sigs at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-sigs] Context: Malware Blog Post on Dark Comet RAT with Snort Signatures

Martin,

Thank you for saying this.  I was really trying to be nice here but
apparently I did not perform due diligence enough to see that the
Emerging Threats (http://www.emergingthreats.net) community has this
already covered.  I won't nit-pick the poor quality of the rules
suggested by disclosure at ...3619... but let's just say it reminds
me of VRT new-hires (just kidding VRT .. mostly :)

But seriously, I applaud the Emerging Threats community for once again
being ahead of the threat and beating out competition like Sourcefire
VRT, ISS X-Force, TippingPoint "Digital Doctors", McAfee "I really
need a job so I'll take this one" group, Symantec "meh, just pay us"
team, Checkpoint "you can't be sure but we don't block on the
Sabbath", and others.

-Bad Horse
 The Thoroughbred of SYN