[Snort-sigs] [Snort-users] New Shared Object rule support in yesterday's rulepack

Nigel Houghton nhoughton at ...435...
Wed Jan 19 11:52:36 EST 2011

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 13:40:18 +0000, Kungu Panda wrote:
> First, a massive thank-you for adding pre-compiled so_rule support for
> Debian 5.0 x86-x64.  I no longer have to use the Ubuntu so_rules and
> just *hope for the best*.  : )
>
> Secondly, what is the functional difference between Debian Lenny i386
> and  Debian 5.0 i386.  I thought that Debian 5.0 *is* lenny:
>   http://www.debian.org/releases/

The Debian Lenny package is built on what was the Debian Lenny Beta
distribution and is only i386. The Debian 5.0 packages are built on
5.0.7 which is the latest release and you will find 1386 and x86-64
packages. We will be removing the Lenny package in the coming weeks.

--
Nigel Houghton
Head Mentalist