[Snort-sigs] [Snort-users] New Shared Object rule support in yesterday's rulepack

Kungu Panda kungupanda at ...2420...
Wed Jan 19 08:40:18 EST 2011

First, a massive thank-you for adding pre-compiled so_rule support for
Debian 5.0 x86-x64.  I no longer have to use the Ubuntu so_rules and
just *hope for the best*.  : )

Secondly, what is the functional difference between Debian Lenny i386
and  Debian 5.0 i386.  I thought that Debian 5.0 *is* lenny:
  http://www.debian.org/releases/

K.Panda

-----Original Message-----
From: Joel Esler [mailto:jesler at ...435...]
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2011 17:53
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net Users; snort-sigs at ...1306...et
Subject: [Snort-users] New Shared Object rule support in yesterday's rulepack

All --

As of yesterday's rulepack, new Shared Object rule support was built
for the VRT rulepacks.

New rule compiles for Debian, Slackware, RHEL 6.0, 5.5, and OpenBSD
are now included.  For the complete information please see the blog
post:

http://blog.snort.org/2011/01/new-shared-object-rule-support.html

Thanks
--