[Snort-sigs] RulePack update and End of Life of 2.8.6.0

Castle, Shane scastle at ...3555...
Thu Jan 6 15:10:31 EST 2011

Nope. Adding SnortSam to 2.8.6.1 fails owing to the use of
autoconf/libtool releases in 2.8.6.1 later than supported on RH5.

About ready to ditch RHEL completely for the IDS install but as I wrote,
things are moving slow.

--
Shane Castle
Data Security Mgr, Boulder County IT
CISSP GSEC GCIH

-----Original Message-----
From: Joel Esler [mailto:jesler at ...435...]
Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2011 12:51
To: Castle, Shane
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net; snort-sigs at lists.sourceforge.net;
snort-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-sigs] RulePack update and End of Life of 2.8.6.0

I understand.

We don't maintain the SnortSam mod, so I can't help you there.  But you
can upgrade to 2.8.6.1 if you can't go to 2.9.0.3.  I understand that is
a segment of users out there that are on RHEL5 and it has an older
version of installed libpcap that people are having to recompile.

snort-sigs at lists.sourceforge.net;
> snort-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: Re: [Snort-sigs] RulePack update and End of Life of 2.8.6.0
>
> Why do you have to find a new OS?  Using an old version of RH or
> something?
>
> Can't you use 2.8.6.1?

> On Jan 6, 2011, at 2:31 PM, Castle, Shane wrote:
>
>> Crap. Now I have to find a new OS. What, you couldn't wait another 6
>> months?
>>
>> --
>> Shane Castle
>> Data Security Mgr, Boulder County IT