[Snort-sigs] Richard Tyrrell/Telford/Syan Ltd is out of the office.

Randal T. Rioux randy at ...3530...
Mon Feb 14 20:02:24 EST 2011

On 2/14/2011 10:07 AM, Richard Tyrrell wrote:

> I will be out of the office starting  11/02/2011 and will not return
> until 16/02/2011.
>
> If the matter is urgent please email network.support at ...3459... and
> another member of the group will pick up the message, or if it is a
> support call contact the Service Centre
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including any
> attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may
> contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized
> review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are
> not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email
> and destroy all copies of the original message. Any opinions
> expressed are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
> the views of ACS. This email does not constitute either offer or
> acceptance of any contractually binding agreement; such offer or
> acceptance can only be communicated in writing. ACS reserves the
> right to monitor and intercept emails sent and received on our
> network.
>
> ACS Information Technologies UK Ltd: Registered in England and Wales:
> 01980455; VAT Number: 438 1257 51; Registered Office: Hortonwood 37,
> Telford, Shropshire, TF1 7GT.

This is an urgent matter. Richard forgot to turn off his autoresponder.
Now we all know the security guy is out. And by association, that your
company uses Snort.

You should turn off all Internet access to your facility ASAP. Lock the
doors, too. Get some dogs. Perhaps an electric fence.

Or hire somebody who is smart enough not to spam security related
mailing lists with stupid auto-response messages and useless disclaimers.

Randy

--
Disclaimer:

By sending an email to ANY of my addresses you are agreeing that:

1. I am, by definition, "the intended recipient"
2. All information in the email is mine to do with as I see fit
3. I will take the contents as representing the views of your company