[Snort-sigs] Snort.org Blog: White Papers on Snort.org

Joel Esler jesler at ...435...
Fri Feb 11 13:30:52 EST 2011

http://blog.snort.org/2011/02/white-papers-on-snortorg.html

White Papers on Snort.org

We just wanted to point to a new section that we're putting together on Snort.org, a whitepapers section.  Previously we've had about three different pages on Snort.org that contained this type of content.   In the process of cleaning up the Snort.org website and bringing the information that people need to the front and more organized, we've created a new section on the Documentation section on Snort.org.

If you visit the bottom of http://www.snort.org/docs, you'll see a new section entitled "Snort Related Whitepapers".  Over time we'll consolidate more and more whitepaper-type content into this section and try and keep it updated with information.  A couple of the papers on there currently are rather old, however, their content is still very relevant, and it may help the users of Snort to understand the internals of how the tool works.

Please check out this section.  We should be adding several more papers soon.

--
Joel Esler
jesler () sourcefire.com