[Snort-sigs] [Snort-devel] Snort.org Blog: Google Groups are alive!

Joel Esler jesler at ...435...
Wed Feb 9 22:52:15 EST 2011

On Feb 9, 2011, at 10:19 PM, waldo kitty wrote:
> On 2/9/2011 15:14, L0rd Ch0de1m0rt wrote:
>> *HELLO.*
>>
>> What the hell are Google Groups?
>
> +100000000~
>
> ;) :lol:
>
> mailing lists are da'bomb! certainly for security work... much easier to
> maintain and an open newsgroup that will, inevitably, end up with a blacklist
> larger than the state of texas :P

Yes, that's one concern I had.  That's why I set up the Google Group (for anyone that has ever set up a Google Group before, you'll know all the configuration you can do to it) exactly like the mailing list.

There are definitely people that prefer mailing lists over "newsgroups", or "google groups" or "forums" (I'm one of them), but there are people that prefer the opposite as well.  Google groups is kind of the best of both worlds.

As a friend of mine told me today, as long as the Google Groups don't turn into a bunch of one-line postings like Facebook comments, it should be productive.

--
Joel Esler
jesler () sourcefire.com