[Snort-sigs] oinkmaster and so rules.. FAQ broken?

Michael Scheidell michael.scheidell at ...1331...
Wed Feb 9 05:01:21 EST 2011

On 2/8/11 9:40 PM, waldo kitty wrote:
> one such reason that i'm aware, and i think i have talked with the pulledpork
> maintainer about it, is the merging of all rules files into one rules file...
your serious?

if that is the case, then I won't even look at pulled port.
we have multiple snorts running in multiple hosts.
on one host, one snort_lan.conf could have different rulesets than
snort_wan.conf.

that makes pulled pork a real pig in a poke.

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
o: 561-999-5000
 >*| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

    * Certified SNORT Integrator
    * Best in Email Security,2010: Network Products Guide
    * King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine 2008