[Snort-sigs] [Emerging-Sigs] [Snort-users] Snort 2.8.6.1 EOL Reminder

Joel Esler jesler at ...435...
Fri Dec 2 14:20:04 EST 2011

On Dec 2, 2011, at 10:08 AM, Matthew Jonkman wrote:

> I don't believe any of those are in the VRT tarball, so if you want those be sure to use the GPL stuff from our side and filter them out of VRT.

There is a difference between what you are calling the "GPL" sigs (3464 and below) and "Community" (our old GPL community ruleset that was in the 100,000,000 range).

Both of those sid ranges are still maintained by us, and we frequently update the 3464 and below sigs.  Updating detection, adding references, adding keywords to be able to use the newest functionality.  That's why the objection was made to move your copy of our sigs up to a different range to eliminate conflict.

--
Joel Esler
Senior Research Engineer, VRT