[Snort-sigs] Off-topic - VRT Blog, "Rise of citizen cyberwarrior", criticism of the security efforts by the government.

Crook, Parker Parker_Crook at ...2899...
Tue Nov 30 14:33:00 EST 2010

> > I also enjoyed 'Besides, it is fun to watch them work on "Cyber Security
> > Awareness Month", which is about as effective as warning labels on
> > cigarettes.'
>
> Agencies need to do something with that poster printing budget.

I had written out a well thought-out response to put in my two cents, but I feel that the following two links says more than I can without boring you to tears:

http://willusingtheprefixcybermakemelooklikeanidiot.com/
See also Marcus Ranum's self portrait that he dedicated to 'armchair cyberwarriors':
http://www.ranum.com/stock_content/mjr-wartrike.jpg

-Parker