[Snort-sigs] Off-topic - VRT Blog, "Rise of citizen cyberwarrior", criticism of the security efforts by the government.

Guise McAllaster guise.mcallaster at ...2420...
Mon Nov 29 16:58:57 EST 2010

Hi Sourcefire, why did you pull the political rant on the VRT blog on Nov 23
ranting about Howard Schmidt, the government, and other gems titled "Rise of
citizen cyberwarrior"?

Used to be here,
http://vrt-sourcefire.blogspot.com/2010/11/rise-of-citizen-cyberwarrior.htmlwith
a cached version at
http://www.security.nl/files/cache.aspx.htm

You anger one of your customers again and have to pull it?  I'd like to
think it could have been the inflammatory statements regarding the US
Government and the self-masturbatory statements about "cyberwarriors" didn't
bode too well coming from a "VRT blog" officially supported by Sourcefire.

I do like this gem, 'The boots on the ground in this fight aren't combat
boots. They are Birkenstocks and Chucks.'

I also enjoyed 'Besides, it is fun to watch them work on "Cyber Security
Awareness Month", which is about as effective as warning labels on
cigarettes.'

I'm curious, is the opinion stated in this VRT article, posted on the VRT
blog, the official opinion that Sourcefire has regarding the involvement of
government and other organized entities in the security field?  I sure hope
some of your customers didn't see that.

Hell, could have just been an accident and Olney confused the VRT blog with
Facebook, MySpace, or other Internet-exhibitionism sources of self-pleasure
(again).

Guise (who is French but does not hate America)