[Snort-sigs] Sourcefire VRT Certified Snort Rules Update 2010-11-02

infosec posts infosec.posts at ...2420...
Wed Nov 3 10:44:50 EDT 2010

My update routine didn't find any changes last night, and I can't find
any of these signatures in the tarballs I'm pulling this morning:

17808 <-> SPECIFIC-THREATS Adobe Flash authplay.dll memory corruption
attempt (specific-threats.rules, High)
17809 <-> WEB-CLIENT quicktime movie file transfer (web-client.rules, Low)
17810 <-> WEB-MISC potential malware - download of server32.exe
(web-misc.rules, Medium)
17811 <-> WEB-MISC potential malware - download of svchost.exe
(web-misc.rules, Medium)
17812 <-> WEB-MISC potential malware - download of iexplore.exe
(web-misc.rules, Medium)
17813 <-> WEB-MISC potential malware - download of iprinp.dll
(web-misc.rules, Medium)
17814 <-> WEB-MISC potential malware - download of winzf32.dll
(web-misc.rules, Medium)

I pulled 2.8.6.0, 2.8.6.1, and 2.8.9.0 a few minutes ago, but I didn't
find the new signatures in any of them.  Now I'm getting 403/Forbidden
on 2.8.6.0 and 2.8.9.0, so I'm going to guess that you've realized you
forgot to actually include the new signatures again, and you're fixing
it now?