[Snort-sigs] [Snort-users] Update your oinkmaster/pulled_porkconf files

Fred Austin fred.austin at ...3499...
Wed Jun 30 11:03:17 EDT 2010

Even using the "--no-check-certificate" for wget, the download is failing. I
thought the correct URL to use is now:

http://www.snort.org/reg-rules/snortrules-snapshot-2853.tag.gz/<oinkcode>

based on the VRT blog from Monday.

Fred Austin

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 8:05 AM, Weir, Jason <jason.weir at ...3410...> wrote:

> Joel,
>
> Still getting the below error, could this be a wget problem not handling
> the ssl connection correctly?  Anyone know how to use the
> `--no-check-certificate' option with oinkmaster?

> Downloading file from
> http://www.snort.org/pub-bin/oinkmaster.cgi/*oinkcode*/snortrules-snapsh
> ot-2853.tar.gz.<http://www.snort.org/pub-bin/oinkmaster.cgi/*oinkcode*/snortrules-snapsh%0Aot-2853.tar.gz.>
> ..
>
> /usr/local/bin/oinkmaster.pl: Error: could not download from
> http://www.snort.org/pub-bin/oinkmaster.cgi/*oinkcode*/snortrules-snapsh
> ot-2853.tar.gz<http://www.snort.org/pub-bin/oinkmaster.cgi/*oinkcode*/snortrules-snapsh%0Aot-2853.tar.gz>
> .
>
> Output from wget follows:
>
> http://www.snort.org/pub-bin/oinkmaster.cgi/*oinkcode*/snortrules-snapsh
> ot-2853.tar.gz<http://www.snort.org/pub-bin/oinkmaster.cgi/*oinkcode*/snortrules-snapsh%0Aot-2853.tar.gz>
>
> Resolving www.snort.org... 68.177.102.20
>
> Connecting to www.snort.org|68.177.102.20|:80... connected.
>
> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Found
>
> Location:
> https://s3.amazonaws.com/snort.org/rules/20100525/snortrules-snapshot-28
> 53.tar.gz?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJJSHU7YNPLE5MKOQ&Expires=1277895698&Signatu
> re=px1MZAMmLNzKWMw93CljxWGLJco%3D
>
> [following] --2010-06-30 07:01:08--
> https://s3.amazonaws.com/snort.org/rules/20100525/snortrules-snapshot-28
> 53.tar.gz?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJJSHU7YNPLE5MKOQ&Expires=1277895698&Signatu
> re=px1MZAMmLNzKWMw93CljxWGLJco%3D
>
> Resolving s3.amazonaws.com... 72.21.202.164
>
> Connecting to s3.amazonaws.com|72.21.202.164|:443... connected.
>
> ERROR: cannot verify s3.amazonaws.com's certificate, issued by
> `/C=US/O=VeriSign, Inc./OU=VeriSign Trust Network/OU=Terms of use at
> https://www.verisign.com/rpa (c)09/CN=VeriSign Class 3 Secure Server CA
> - G2':
>
> Unable to locally verify the issuer's authority.
>
> To connect to s3.amazonaws.com insecurely, use `--no-check-certificate'.
> Unable to establish SSL connection.

> -Jason

This email and any files transmitted with it are solely intended for the use
of the named recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged and
confidential. If you receive this email in error, please immediately notify
the sender and delete this message in all its forms.  E-mail transmission
cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be
contain viruses.  Therefore N-Dimension Solutions Inc. does not accept
liability for any errors or omission in the contents of the message which
arise as a result of e-mail transmission.