[Snort-sigs] Sourcefire VRT Certified Snort Rules Update 2010-06-05

infosec posts infosec.posts at ...2420...
Mon Jun 7 09:41:28 EDT 2010

Greetings,

Unless I'm mistaken, there is not a "complete list  of new and
modified rules" available at the link referenced below.

These bulletins used to list the SIDs/GIDs for the SO rules in the
update package, like so:
http://seclists.org/snort/2010/q2/668

More recent bulletins seem to have quit listing the SO rules in the
update, and I haven't been able to find a changelog on the website
that indicates what new SO rules should be in our update packages.
For example, since this update only includes SO rules, the changelogs
linked on the site are blank/empty
(http://www.snort.org/vrt/docs/ruleset_changelogs/2_8_6_0/changes-2010-06-05.html).
 This makes it difficult to determine what the new rules are and
verify that they have been deployed correctly.

If this information is available somewhere, I'd be happy if someone
could point me to it; otherwise, could Sourcefire resume listing SO
rule SIDs/GIDs in these signature update bulletins, or in the
changelogs on the webiste?