[Snort-sigs] [Emerging-Sigs] [Snort-users] VRT on Suricata

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...3507...
Wed Jul 21 18:54:58 EDT 2010

On 7/21/2010 17:41, Jamie Riden wrote:
> Please guys, this discussion does not belong on *-sigs - and probably not on
> snort-users for that matter.
>
> I suspect we all have our opinions that aren't going to be
> significantly shifted by anything except published benchmarks and
> real-world experience.

i agree and that is why i called for VRT to publish their testing methodology
and complete machine specs in the ET-sigs list and specifically listed some
reasons why the tests may have been leaning sideways and not truly
representative of an even head-to-head comparison test...