[Snort-sigs] VRT Release 2010-02-23 uses "detection_filter"

evilghost at ...3397... evilghost at ...3397...
Wed Feb 24 10:41:42 EST 2010

Thanks Matt, honestly these *specific* changes announced in advance
would be helpful.  Things move slowly in the enterprise and often times
justification is needed outside of "this is the latest version" to
proceed with changes in a production IDS environment.  "Please be
advised that on 02/23/2010 the VRT signatures now use detection_filter,
users should plan an upgrade to 2.8.5" would be helpful if announced
prior to the actual implementation of these changes and before I started
assassinating my Snort processes.  I would imagine 14 days would be
reasonable, or even 7 days, but at least allocate some time to permit an
upgrade and warn your user-base of the impending destruction for
"legacy" users.

Thank you for your consideration.

-evilghost