[Snort-sigs] VRT Release 2010-02-23 uses "detection_filter"

Matt Olney molney at ...435...
Wed Feb 24 10:33:31 EST 2010

You know, it probably isn't unreasonable for us to call out changes
like that.  Going forward we'll see what we can do.  That being said,
we have called out that those who don't stay up with the latest Snort
may have issues:

Note: Snort rule packages for Subscribers and Registered Users track
the latest patch release for any major version. This means that rule
packages may make use of features that only exist in the latest
version of Snort. A simple example is: If 2.8.4 is the current version
of Snort then the snortrules-snapshot-2.8 packages might use features
not available in 2.8.3.2 and earlier.
(http://www.snort.org/snort-rules)

Matt