[Snort-sigs] VRT Release 2010-02-23 uses "detection_filter"

evilghost at ...3397... evilghost at ...3397...
Wed Feb 24 10:26:19 EST 2010

While I truly enjoy surprises sometimes I'm disappointed when the gift
isn't something I wanted.  In this case the gift was given to me by VRT
and came in the form of "detection_filter".  As I eagerly unpacked the
tar-gzip, giddy like the child on Christmas morning, my happiness turned
to sadness.  Santa brought me some coal, have I really been that bad?
It made my 2.8.4.1 Snorts become very unhappy (evidently they don't like
surprises like I do).  Sure I can sed these out but a little advance
warning is nice.  Note, advance warning does not constitute "Snort 2.8.5
is current, you should be running it" or the genetic catch-all warning
currently in place.  Specific warnings such as "These VRT rules are
using detection_filter" would be highly appreciated and would allow me
react accordingly before I dropped a few depth-charges on my Snorts.

http://www.snort.org/vrt/docs/ruleset_changelogs/2_8/changes-2010-02-23.html

-evilghost