[Snort-sigs] Introduction to Shared Object Rules blog post

Guise McAllaster guise.mcallaster at ...2420...
Fri Feb 5 14:58:46 EST 2010

Very cool!  And helpful for templating a GID 3 rule.  But I have a
question.  I see at the top of the generated C code is, "Copyright (C)
2005-2008 Sourcefire, Inc.
".  So if I used the rule generator to make some C code and then I
modified the C code to add functionality, could I then license all
that code under the GPL?  Who would own the copyright?  Is there a
license that the original generated code is created under?  I am
interested in making GID 3 rules but want to be sure I can open source
them.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Guise