[Snort-sigs] [Emerging-Sigs] [Snort-devel] New Proposed Classification.config file setup

Martin Holste mcholste at ...2420...
Fri Dec 24 13:28:16 EST 2010

This is so simple to me it is exasperating:  Continue with the new
classification system as proposed, add on metadata: tags=<csv of tags>
as an interim tagging solution that supports full backward
compatibility.  Mandate that only hyphens and commas are used in tags.
 Don't worry about what the tags are for now, just start tossing
something reasonable in there.  That's the whole point--they are
extremely flexible and don't affect performance or parsing for
existing tools.  Merry Snortmas!