[Snort-sigs] [Snort-users] [Emerging-Sigs] New Classification System Proposal

Joel Esler jesler at ...435...
Thu Dec 23 17:10:23 EST 2010

Paul et all, I apologize if it seemed like I was being brief with my response, I wasn't "dictating" how it was going to be.

By using hyphens and lowercase, all output modules from Snort, parsers, and GUIs won't have to change.  If we introduce even one of those, all of the previous will have to recode.

It's a compatibility thing.  I wasn't being snarky or acting like a dictator, I was being brief, on my iPhone, and at the Doctor's office.

Sorry if I offended anyone.