[Snort-sigs] Rule Migration Cheat Sheet?

Joel Esler jesler at ...435...
Wed Dec 22 10:13:40 EST 2010

Bert,

BTW -- I had to allow your email through manually, you might want to subscribe to snort-sigs to post.

There are several new keywords (file_data, byte_extract, http_*)  We don't have a specific conversion cheat sheet, as the old rule options still work fine,  the new rule options just allow for clarification of functionality and a more specific and efficient rule writing process.

That being said, I know a lot of you want to get your rules updated to Snort 2.9 format, I am just swamped, and I know I won't get to it until late January.  If anyone from the community wants to write a cheat sheet document, we'll review it, I'll put it on the blog, snort.org, and I'll give you a free VRT rule subscription for a year.

Takers?

Joel