[Snort-sigs] [Emerging-Sigs] FATALs with snort-2.9.0.3

Joel Esler jesler at ...435...
Tue Dec 21 11:59:17 EST 2010

On Dec 21, 2010, at 11:52 AM, evilghost at ...3397... wrote:
> On 12/21/10 10:46, Joel Esler wrote:
>> The error checking was improved as a result of the ETPro personnel filing a bug with us when using a "distance" or a "within" with no previous relative offset in their ruleset.  We provided this feedback to the ETPro development team at that time and corrections were made to the rule in question.
>
> Thanks Joel, I figured it was something like that and thought it abnormal if it
> were blogged-only, so I was seeking clarification.  That's why I didn't go into
> one of my usual tirades. :)

No problem.

However, yes, I am trying to make the blog the easiest source of information for anyone to check, not only for informational articles like Adam's post last week, but for news like this change.  When information comes out that is important I'll post a blog article then an email pointing to the blog article.  (along with the twitter account that points to the blog as well).  Subscribe to the RSS feed (http://feeds.feedburner.com/Snort), or check it often.  However you want to do it.

I want to make sure anyone is well informed of changes like this, and the elimination of any stale avenues of information -- to have one source of information for the Snort community (the blog) the goal.

I haven't been posting to the ET list because I don't want it to make it seem like Snort is spamming the ET list, (hopefully the people that are on the ET list are on the Snort-sigs list as well) but if you are interesting in me posting things like this to the ET list to point to the blog, if Matt says it's okay, I'm certainly willing to do so.

Joel