[Snort-sigs] New Sig Doc is one giant file?

Nigel Houghton nhoughton at ...435...
Tue Dec 7 12:18:19 EST 2010

In my original email about it:

"There is only one rule doc tar ball for registered and subscribed
users. You can download them from the rule download page on snort.org
at https://www.snort.org/snort-rules/ or you can use the command line
to download. The links for the command line download are:

Subscribed Users:
 http://www.snort.org/sub-rules/opensource.gz/<oinkcode>

Registered Users:
 http://www.snort.org/reg-rules/opensource.gz/<oinkcode>

Additionally, since there is no difference in the two tar balls,
registered users can also use the subscriber link above and still get
the docs. The two links are provided above for those folks who like to
see consistency in their scripts :D"