[Snort-sigs] I need some opinions

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...3507...
Mon Dec 6 20:32:51 EST 2010

On 12/6/2010 08:35, Joel Esler wrote:
> C) Unify the two:  This method involves making the forums and the
> mailing lists one thing.  Where you post to the forum with your mail
> client, or if someone answers online in the forum, the answer is
> emailed to you.
>
> Personally I would like to go to C.  This gets the entire community in
> one place (unifying the mailing lists and the forums).

this is the best over all thing to do... this way those who like forums can use
that format and those who prefer the messages to appear in their local message
base in their email client can do so with both sides of the fence being able to
communicate and help each other...

> I thought about how to do this on our own (custom code, etc) and I also
> thought about Google Groups.

i'm not sure which way would be best but please count this posting as my post to
do what is needed to combine the capabilities of both with as little trouble
with implementation and interfacing possible... (ie: don't make anyone change
their current method and/or address(es) they are currently using ;) )