[Snort-sigs] Shared object rule platform changes for FreeBSD

Nigel Houghton nhoughton at ...435...
Tue Aug 10 16:27:03 EDT 2010

As a result of our continuing effort to streamline the snort rules
packages we will be making changes to the operating systems we
currently support for pre-compiled shared object rules.

Currently, we support FreeBSD versions 6.3, 7.0, 7.2, and 8.0. The
current release version of FreeBSD is 8.1 while the legacy production
release is 7.3.

We are going to update the platform support for FreeBSD to be 7.3 and
8.1 *ONLY*. We will cease to support all the older versions in 14 days.
Moving forward, as new releases of FreeBSD come online, we will
transition support to the current release and legacy production release
as listed on the FreeBSD web site. We will send an update notice to the
Snort mailing lists as a reminder each time we make a platform change.

--
Nigel Houghton
Head Mentalist