[Snort-sigs] How to search for SID?

Chong Lee Poh Chong.LeePoh at ...3489...
Thu Apr 15 23:21:28 EDT 2010

Hi,

My Snort report tool (SnortALog) generated info such as "WEB-MISC SSLv3
invalid data version attempt {tcp}", without showing the SID.

I do not have the SID, but I would like to find out if this alert
relevant to me. Is there a web site that I can key in the alert to look
for SID or explanation of the alert?

I use "http://www.snortid.com/" to look for description when I have the
SID. However, for alert without SID, where can I obtain further
information?

Please assist!! Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Chong

This e-mail and any attachments therewith are intended only for the use of the address. This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized use, copying or  disclosure of information contained in this e-mail or its attachments is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender via return e-mail and delete this e-mail and attachments thereafter. Any confidentiality or privilege is not waived or lost because this e-mail has been sent to you by mistake. Any liability for viruses is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.