[Snort-sigs] Trouble in triggering the snort rule to detect FTP Brute Force attack

CunningPike cunningpike at ...2420...
Mon Apr 12 16:00:12 EDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 7:18 AM, evilghost at ...3397...
<evilghost at ...3397...> wrote:
> Nothing in what Manju said could I even loosely interpret as a homework
> question.  I'm not going to take this thread off-topic but Nigel's
> response was unprofessional, unwarranted, and certainly not something I
> would construe as being in alignment with the rationale behind the
> snort-sigs discussion list to begin with.
>
> It seems to me that Manju asked a legitimate question and was getting
> some good help then Nigel came in and adding nothing but accusations.  I
> guess he had a bad weekend and felt the need to lash out.  Perhaps he
> couldn't source an iPad after long hours of camping out.
>
> -evilghost

"...try not to put too much faith in the manual since it seems like it
was a task assigned to a student in a course that includes Snort and
the student was ESL."

I'm sorry - who was having the bad weekend, again?

CP