[Snort-sigs] SID 13923 - Bad Rule

evilghost at ...3397... evilghost at ...3397...
Tue Apr 6 16:20:09 EDT 2010

Hi Pat, thanks for rehashing what I said with more words, as if I didn't
really quite understand what I was pointing out.  I'm a little snippy
because I have a right to be, "you" (SourceFire, the company) just
released a VRT subscription release (of which I pay a substantial amount
of money for) which successfully (with the confidence of "policy
security-ips drop") classified all valid ingress SMTP traffic with the
exclusion of the EHLO rule, as hostile.

Forgive me if I'm not smiles and sunshine.  Honestly, I think I did
pretty good and not lambasting "you" (SourceFire, the company) in my
initial email for this gross oversight.

It's pretty evident in this case this subscription release wasn't
sufficiently QA'd.  To quote you, the problem "is immediately obvious by
looking at the rule"

-evilghost (the jerk)