[Snort-sigs] how can we alert on web visiting activity?

Joel Esler jesler at ...435...
Thu Nov 19 15:13:40 EST 2009

Well, I don't know anything about the flowbits problem you are talking
about.

But I did ask an email'ed questions to devel about the functionality of
rawbytes since there may be some misunderstanding.

But I wasn't provided any pcaps or anything of problems...

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 2:25 PM, evilghost at ...3397... <
evilghost at ...3397...> wrote:

> It was effectively communicated to Joel Esler who forwarded it to SF
> development.  Flowbits are borked too by the way.
>
> Nigel Houghton wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 2:01 PM, evilghost at ...3397...
> > <evilghost at ...3397...> wrote:
> >
> >> What version of Snort are you using?  I have had issues with content
> >> matching working correctly in the 2.8 branch (as have others at Emerging
> >> Threats), I was able to get content matching to work as expected by
> >> using the rawbytes option.  See section 3.5.3 in the Snort manual.
> >>
> >> content:"ebay"; nocase; rawbytes;
> >>
> >> -evilghost
> >>

> > If you have evidence to support your claim, we would like to see it. A
> > bug report would be good, until then, please refrain from giving
> > "advice" like this. Your recommendation is detrimental to performance.

Joel Esler | 302-223-5974 | gtalk: jesler at ...435...