[Snort-sigs] Snort's 10th Birthday Present - A New Site

Mike Guiterman mguiterman at ...435...
Thu May 28 17:05:38 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,

We’re happy to announce that the new Snort.org site is now live at
www.snort.org. If you participated in the beta program you’ll notice that we
made a number of changes based directly on your feedback.  Thanks to
everyone who participated!  Check out the new site and let us know what you
think.

This site update is much more than just a new look and feel. We’ve rebuilt
the entire site from the bottom up.  Our goals in building this site were to
enable everyone in the community to get to the information they want as
easily as possible and add new features allowing you to easily manage your
account and interact with others in the Snort community. Some of the
improvements over the old site are:

•    New navigation: We’ve greatly simplified how content is organized so
you’re only one click away from anything.
•    Improved account management: Simply log in and click your "my account"
to edit all of your profile information including your registered email
address, password and mailing list preferences.
•    New user forums: The new user forums application provides the ability
to reply to the topic in general, reply to a specific post, and rate the
posts of others in the community.  Most importantly you no longer have to
log in just to catch up on the latest posts.
•    Persistent link panel: We’ve aggregated the most commonly used links in
the footer of every page so you’re only one click away from most content.
•    Improved VRT subscription management: View and manage your
subscriptions online. Online renewals will now automatically start at the
end of your subscription so you’ll have no breaks in coverage.

We’ve moved everyone’s user accounts and oinkcodes over to the new site.  If
you’re using Oinkmaster to manage your rules files, the your current
Oinkmaster.conf will continue to work.

This is considered an ongoing project.  We’re currently planning the next
release and welcome your feedback on the project to date and any enhancement
requests you have as you get to know the new site.  If there are new
features you’d like to see on the site please submit your feedback to the
site feedback forum at: https://forums.snort.org/forums/snort-org-discussion

Happy Snorting Everyone!