[Snort-sigs] getting snort so_rules for platforms not supported in tar ball

Russell Fulton r.fulton at ...575...
Mon May 11 21:57:22 EDT 2009

I have just realised that the source for the many of the most useful
so rules is not distributed in the standard tar ball.  Given that the
there are no binaries for the platform on which I run snort I have a
problem :(  I have wasted a lot of time trying to figure out why snort
was not picking up conficker C infection before I realised I was not
running those rules because I had compiled everything from scratch.

I am forced to wonder why I paid for the full distribution since I
can't use any of the most of the more timely rules.

Is there any way I can get the source to these rules so I can use them?

Russell