[Snort-sigs] Ask the VRT a question

Nigel Houghton nhoughton at ...435...
Mon Jul 13 13:52:24 EDT 2009

We are extending the opportunity for you, the denizen of this list and
possible reader of our blog, to ask us questions. We will select the
best question(s) each week and publish them, along with the answers we
give, on our blog. http://vrt-sourcefire.blogspot.com/

"What kind of questions can I ask?"

Well, thanks for asking, you can ask us anything. It can be Snort
related, Snort rule related, vulnerability related, exploit related,
you can seek advice on dating or what to do with your annoying
co-worker should you desire. We are open to all kinds of queries. When
we don't have an opinion, we'll get one.

"Ok, so how do I ask a question?"

To ask your question, send us an email to research at sourcefire dot
com with "Ask the VRT" as the subject, alternatively ask your question
as a comment to this blog post.
http://vrt-sourcefire.blogspot.com/2009/07/ask-vrt-question.html

"When will I get my answer?"

That depends. If we select your question, we will most likely publish
the answer on the following Friday (or thereabouts), we might need
some time to formulate an answer, then again, we might not.

"What if I don't like the answer?"

You don't have to like it, but at least you got one, right?

"Can I really ask anything at all?"

Yes. Really.

--
Nigel Houghton