[Snort-sigs] stream5 and use_static_footprint_sizes

Brian Caswell bmc at ...95...
Tue Dec 8 11:43:20 EST 2009

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 10:53 AM, Guise McAllaster
<guise.mcallaster at ...2420...> wrote:
> Todd,
>
> Thanks for this response, I really appreciate it.  From what you say and
> what I have reads, it seems that using use_static_footprint_sizes is not
> recommended.  However, I am puzzled because I just did a generic snort
> install (using Ubuntu and apt-get) and I notice that
> use_static_footprint_sizes IS enabled.  But why?
>
> --Guise

This is an oversight.  It is currently enabled in both the default
snort.conf provided in the official releases of Snort as well as the
VRT provided rulepacks.

An update to the VRT provided rulepacks will be released soon that
will correct this oversight.  The default snort.conf provided in the
official releases of Snort will be updated upon the next release of
Snort.

Brian